Friday, February 20, 2009

Making a mod dress- update

I finished the dress! I should have taken a "before" picture, but this is what I did:
1. Pulled the over sized dress apart. It had horrible long sleeves, it was way to big at the waist, and way too long (it went down under my knees).
2. I kept the top part together. I like how it was constructed.
3. I cut the skirt to make it shorter. Since I wanted to keep the lines at the bottom, I cut the skirt at the top.
4. Took the top in about 1 inch on each side. Hemmed the sleeve holes.
5. Took in the skirt, keeping an A line shape about 3 inches on each side (It was huge!)
6. Connected the top to the bottom. Since I took it in so much, it was a little hard to match all the seams and lines, but it's not too obvious.
I am definitely not the kind of person who "measures twice, cuts once". Maybe I should start doing that.

Anyhow, here is the result:

1 comment:

Sally said...

I love it! It looks great on you.