Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Wedding update- we have made a reservation!


I have discovered I am terribly addicted to wedding blogs, forums, and websites. They are not your regular wedding sites, with lavish centerpiece vendors, crazy expensive gowns and venues, and ridiculous ceremonies. These are more of a reflection on the wedding ceremony, it's real meaning, and how not to get caught up with what they call WIC (wedding industrial complex). Never the less, I need to stop looking at them until 2:00 am.
In some ways, they help me stay focused on what I truly want: a beautiful, simple, ceremony, followed by a fun, informal party with our friends and relatives. It makes me realize that we are not the only couple that want to spend less than 10k on their wedding, and don't want to fuss over monogrammed aisle runners (whatever those are!). On the other hand, these couples have so many great ideas, it's impossible to think I can do them all! So, for now, I'm will measure myself and not stay up late reading them. My rule is to stop reading them at 8:00 pm, so I can actually spend time with the person I'm going to marry.

All this being said and done, I am so happy to say we have reserved the place we are getting married. It is in a nearby Regional Park, Tilden Park. It's a beautiful picnic area with tables (yeay, no rental), a Bar-b-q grill, and a beautiful field surrounded by trees. It is also cheap...very cheap!

So, now we can relax and let things take care of themselves. It will be such a special day, but every day with Andrew is such a special day too!

No comments: