Monday, April 20, 2009

Plastic bag pushers


Visiting Mexico ha been a lot of fun. The food is incredible, the people are warm and welcoming, and it has the chaos I remember from growing up. After all, it's Mexico!
There is one thing that annoys me (other than the ridiculous traffic). I went to the neighborhood Superama (which is owned by Walmart, I found out later), and the girl at the counter could not, would NOT take my word that I didn't need a bag.
I did forget to take my trusty "Chico-bag", but I still had my huge purse. This was the conversation:
Me: I don't need a bag, thank you
Her: You don't?
Me: No, thanks
Her: But you need one for that..
Me: No thanks, I got it
Her: Definitely for that too (pointing at a paper bag full of bread)
Me: No thanks, I can carry it.
I run out of the store before I'm broken into taking a bag

One of the reasons I enjoy living in the Bay Area. When you tell them that you don't need a bag, they take your word for it.
Adios!

More info about nasty bags, go to here

No comments: